Friday, May 11, 2012

Day 13

A few days ago, we put the intake manifold on the engine. Before:
And after:
I worked on the dash fit, then secured the lower part to the chassis. Here is the dash while temporarily secured:
This is the space we have to work with, behind the firewall:
The holes on the bottom part of the dash don't quite line up the way they were drilled, so I'll correct that tomorrow. From there, I cleaned up the wire behind the gauges from this:
To this:
We put the dash lighting dimmer switch in the glove box, just to keep the look clean. I secured the bundled wire to the dash face with zip tie hold-downs and such. I also replaced the hole where the alternator fail light would go (which turned out to be impossible using a one-wire alternator) with a hazard light switch. So the dash is ready to plug and play.
More parts coming in next week and plenty of time on my hands this weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be held for moderation.